NGO Nursing Jobs in Kenya,April 2018
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
The society is set to open a Drugs and Substance abuse Rehabilitation Center in Hindi, Lamu County.
The Centre will provide both Out-patient and In-patient services focusing on prevention, treatment and harm reduction of drugs and substance abuse. The Society is therefore searching for qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the below position:
Position Title: Psychiatric Nurse (3 positions)
Reporting to: Head Nurse
Job Location: Lamu
Reporting to the Head Nurse, the psychiatric nurse’s overall objective will be to provide safe, effective and curative mental health services in the rehabilitation center.
- Identify and define mental health problems and needs of the patients in the rehabilitation center and provide technical advice on all cases of psychiatric disorders/other psychological problems.
- Oversee and conduct mental health assessments, diagnose and plan individual case management of patients with mental health conditions in the center and refer accordingly.
- Develop nursing care plans for psychiatric patients admitted into the ward and liaise treatment plans with the Clinician.
- Work closely with clinicians and addiction counselors in development of treatment plans for individual patients
- Design a suitable and relevant “Mental Health” training manual for the rehabilitation center
- Identify and manage patients will mental health conditions both in the outpatient and psychiatric consultation clinic and in the community through follow-ups.
- Manage in-patients with psychological morbidity or those admitted with known psychiatric disorders.
- Manage patients with emotional and or psychiatric morbidity.
- Provide psychiatric support by use of individual or group counselling and psychotherapy.
- Training of relevant staff, CHWs, HP screeners, auxiliary nurses and other groups exposed to persons with mental problems or the vulnerable groups.
- Community education and creating awareness so as to initiate community participation as a PHC approach.
- Design a mental health working guideline in line with ICD-10, chapter V primary care version, to suit the rehabilitation center.
- Diploma in nursing from a recognized nursing institution
- Certificate or diploma in psychiatric community nursing. Experience of working in a rehabilitation center is an added advantage
- Registered with the nursing council of Kenya and have a current practicing licence
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a complex, multifaceted community health program.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, emotional intelligence and objectivity.
- Be highly respectful towards all KRCS staff and stakeholders..
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy : Head NurseApril 14, 2018Similar post
Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy : Medical LogisticianApril 14, 2018Similar post
Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy : Clinical Officer In ChargeApril 14, 2018Similar post
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 27th April 2018.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and practicing licence where applicable, names and contacts of three referees.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.