Village Hope Core International is a small, innovative non-profit organization that works in Chogoria,
Eastern Kenya and its surrounding communities to alleviate poverty and improve health through microfinance loans and microenterprise, business training and support, health promotion and disease prevention programs
Our vision is to create a transformed, enabled, and empowered people of Kenya and the rest of Africa who can respond to their personal, social, and economic challenges effectively.
We work passionately and with undying enthusiasm to drive this change. Over the next few years we are aiming to expand to other regions in Kenya and beyond.
About the role
As the Operations Manager, you will have the overall responsibility of the implementation of processes to ensure smooth and efficient running of the organization and execution of our programs, oversee the administrative and financial processes, and the management of staff.
Your responsibilities will include
- Provide ongoing review and assessment of current operational policies and systems, including finance, administration, logistics, and human resources, and ensuring they are aligned with HopeCore vision and mission;
- Manage the operations team with daily responsibilities including procurement, fleet management, IT support, logistics, and security for all office staff and visitors;
- Provide oversight for IT support, procurement, fleet management, and logistics for office staff on a daily basis, international travel, and visitors;
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes;
- Ensure implementation and ongoing compliance with said processes;
- Develops and implements expansion strategies of our programs to other counties.
- Ensure the preparation and presentation of financial analysis, and reports on fiscal health of country program in a timely manner;
- Ensure we meet the statutory compliance requirements;
- Support all aspects of procurement including the negotiation of all contracts with vendors, purchase of all major assets, and monitoring all fixed asset within the organization;
- Assist in the development and management of annual programmatic and organizational budgets;
- Oversee ongoing management of the program budgets;
- Support the Internal Auditor in monitoring and reporting of financial and programmatic progress.
- Identify areas for performance improvement and increased efficiency, including processes and systems. Implement changes where appropriate;
- Lead human resources management, including recruitment, orientation, and management of existing staff;
- Develop a performance enabling environment ensuring our employees meet or surpass organizational goals;
- Create and drive an organizational culture that enhances collaboration and impactful communication within team.
- Contribute to the identification and documentation of experiences, successful approaches and evidence for effective strategies for strengthening projects.
Donor Relations and Development
- Participate in fundraising efforts, including new program development, proposal and concept note development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors;
- Research grant agencies and foundations to identify potential sources of funding;
- Develop relationships with implementing partners and funders and reporting on project progress to funder(s);Writing of grant and program proposals
Who we are looking for
o You are a natural in creating and developing sustainable relationships with diverse stakeholders o At least 3 year’s experience managing operations in growing organizations with small agile teams
- You are a highly enthusiastic person with proven ability to work under high demanding work environments
o You are passionate about social change and want to build a career around it
o You have the ability to multitask in ambiguous environments and can deliver results while working independently; You have at least 6 years of management experience;
o You have exemplary track record of leading teams to achieve results; o You have worked with non-profits, preferably in the rural Kenya set up; o You have experience in budget management;
o You have created and implemented processes before
o You are bold and can confidently share your opinion with others;
o Your friends claim you are the most organized and detailed person they ever met;
o You have demonstrated the ability to think critically and creatively in developing solutions
- You are a BA graduate, Master’s preferred in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance,
International Development, or related field;
o You have a strong verbal and written communications skills. Fluent in English and Kiswahili; You have past experience in donor reporting;
o You are conversant with basic IT skills such as MS office, Google drive
You have the cultural fit to work in Village Hope Core
o You are able to multi-task, willing to think outside-the-box.
o You are passionate about empowering lives of others and creating sustainable change
o You are excited about working in multicultural team environments
o You have high enthusiasm and positivity in your approaches
o You are a curious and fast learner, able to pick up new tasks an challenges and execute them effectively
o You have great ideas that you want to share with diverse stakeholders
o Small setbacks do not discourage you: they motivate you
Why work with us?
o We give you an opportunity to drive your own growth and development, o Opportunity to work in a purpose-driven organization and roles
o Be part of our expansion of our impact beyond our current scope
o Receive mentorship from an experience Board of Directors in the United States
This opportunity is based in Chogoria Kenya and the professional should be able to start latest May 2017. You will report to the CEO. We will arrange a 3-month initial probation period. A commitment of working with us for at least 3 years is expected.
Want to apply
- First, read this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide
- Fill out the application form under this link http://bit.ly/JoinVHope
- Send your CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Village Hope Core – Operations Manager”
- Deadline for this application is 8th February 2017. If the role is not filled by then, we will still accept and review applications on a rolling base
- The selection process will involve a psychometric test and case studies
Not for you?
ü Please forward the role to your networks who may find it interesting
Selection process in partnership with