NGO Paid Internship in Kenya,April 2018
Closing date: 15 Apr 2018
The African Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) is an advocacy and networking platform for Christian Health Associations (CHAs) and Church Health Networks from Sub-Saharan Africa established through a declaration of commitment by the 3rd Africa Christian Health Associations Biennial Conference held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania in January 2007.
ACHAP brings together 43 national-level faith-based networks providing services in more than 30 countries across sub-Saharan Africa to share resources, establish technical working groups, and provide ongoing training and technical assistance.
This network fills a vital role in supporting mentorship and capacity building in administration, governance, fiscal management, data management, and service delivery. ACHAP members constitute organized consortia with a captive audience and deep-rooted trust from the grassroots communities where most of them are found.
ACHAP serves its members through biennial conferences, quarterly bulletins, a dedicated website, technical working groups, managerial, and personnel exchanges to enhance their health programs. ACHAP members also play a role in advocating for government support in their constituents.
The communications intern needs to have a good command of written and spoken French and will support the ACHAP secretariat by:
- Regularly updating members on health matters in Africa through proactive sharing of information and resources
- Update and maintain the ACHAP website
- Proactively pursue compelling stories, best practices, success stories and lessons learnt from ACHAP member organizations and institutions
- Apply appropriate and strategic communication channels to raise the profile and visibility of ACHAP eg social media
- Regularly review and update key informational and promotional ACHAP materials
- Prepare and regularly share a quarterly ACHAP publication
- Provide translation and transcription services to the Secretariat to ensure sharing and dissemination of key documents in both English and French.
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a university degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related fields.
- Proficiency in French both written and spoken is a requirement.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected]