- The Programme Officer will be responsible to support and coordinate project implementation of all projects under the Kenya country program.
- S/he will oversee the success of the all projects through ensuring that all activities are implemented in accordance to donor and AAH-I requirements and all deliverables are met.
- S/he will support in the development and implementation of a robust M&E system to ensure that Project Officers are able to report on and monitor project progress and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- The Programme Officer will act as a liaison between project and Nairobi office management, procurements and logistics functions.
- S/he will participate in resource mobilisation for the further development of the AAH-I Kenya programme.
Qualifications for the Programme Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Social Sciences, Project Management, Agriculture or Business Administration or relevant discipline with further training in management.
- Minimum eight years’ experience working in project management with atleast three years in senior or middle management level
- Master degree will be an added advantage
Skills and Competences
- Excellent understanding of projects development and management
- Strong planning and supervisory skills
- An eye for detail and ability to self-direct and initiate action from others
- Well developed training skills in project data management, data control and analysis
- Have skills in livelihoods programming with a value chains and business development orientation.
Ability to work effectively and calmly in a high-pressure environment and to prioritize and effectively manage assignments and meet deadlines
- Good relationship building skills with government officials, stakeholders and communities
- Excellent computer and report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovation and ability to identify and pursue funding sources
- Have Monitoring and evaluation skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. Deadline for applications is 24th January 2017. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted. AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents