Project Accountant Kenyan Job At ICRAF
Project Accountant – Budgets, Regions and Corporate Reporting
Department Financial Services Unit (FSU)
Posting title Project Accountant – Budgets, Regions and Corporate Reporting
Designation Project Accountant
- Provide financial Management support to Regions, SDs, Global Support Units and Overhead Units based at HQ.
Project Accountant Job Responsibilities In Kenya
Internal Control System
- Adhere to internal control systems that will ensure that the centre attains its objectives, produce accurate and reliable data for decision making, ensure compliance to policies and laws of host countries and safeguard the centre assets
- Identify and assess changes that could significantly impact the system of internal control in the centre.
- Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to supervisor
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Liaising with project managers, regional finance staff, and programme administrators on budget preparations ensuring they are as per the grants agreements.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual budget vs actual expenditure for review by the project managers
- Prepare and process financial data necessary for budget adjustments as approved by the project managers ensuring compliance to grant agreements
- Provide financial backstopping to regions and country programmes.
- Prepare the monthly bilateral grants cash flows
Donor Reporting and Compliance
- Preparation of donor financial report that comply with donor requirement in all aspects for bilateral grants assigned
- Prepare on a monthly basis, the project status of bilateral grants showing the up to date expenses, grants receipts, over spent projects, under spent projects,. etc.
- Coordinate bilateral grants special audits and respond to internal audit reports
- Ensure that expenditures are aligned with bilateral grants budgets.
Management of Partners
- Coordinate the financial management capability assessment for all partners
- Update the SGMIS with financial information relating to partners
- Coordinate the disbursement of funds to partners.
- Review and process partners advance liquidation, ensuring compliance to the terms of the sub-contracts
- Prepare monthly age analysis of all partners balances and follow overdue liquidations
- Financial management capacity building for programme administrators
- Adhoc projects reports as requested
Requirements For Project Accountant Jobs In Kenya
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field
- CPA (K)/ACCA or International equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in accounting, 3 of which should be in grants management
- Exposure to financial systems
Skills and Competencies
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- Keen and attention to details
- Strong oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability in dealing with frontline staff, management and board members
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
- Proficiency in database applications and MS office suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Work experience 5 years
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply