St. John’s Community Centre is a faith based organization of the Anglican Church of Kenya Nairobi Diocese. We have projects aimed at improving the livelihood of Orphan and Vulnerable Children and elimination of Mother to Child transmission of HIV (eMTCT) through an integrated community based program.
Applicants who have applied for the same positions in the resent past should not apply again.
We wish to recruit suitable professionals to the following positions:
Project Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Maintenance of Project cash book & ledger as per USAID guidelines
- Preparation of project budget.
- Preparation of monthly project financial reports
- Procurement of project supplies as per USAID guidelines
- Cash flow management as per USAID guidelines
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Project audit coordination and management
- Training project staff on sound financial management and policies.
- Supervising project support staff
Qualifications Required for Project Accountant Job
- Kenyan citizen aged 25 – 35 years
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting / commerce or in any of business related field accounting/ finance option.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) or its equivalent
- Qualification in relevant financial software application (Quick books, Pastel, Sage). Qualifications and experience in Navision financials will have added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience preferably in an NGO
- Experience in USAID funded project will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications, complete with a CV, copies of ID card,Certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees and a reliable telephone number. Indicate the position you are applying for at the top of the envelope. Send application via Post office mail or hand deliver to; The Chairman Human Resource Committee, St. John’s Community Centre, P.O. Box 16254-00610 Nairobi, Kenya. To be received not later than 2nd September 2016. Kindly note that, only short listed persons will be contacted.