AICCAD is implementing a 5 year USAID funded orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) project through CRS dubbed MWENDO which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV&AIDS and child protection systems, services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households in Kisumu county within three sub counties namely Nyando, Nyakach and Muhoroni.
We seek to recruit a suitable individual to the following position:
Vacant Position: Data Assistant
Job Summary: Reporting to the AICCAD project MEAL Officer, the Data Assistant is primarily responsible for data entry of F1A, F1B & HES data into CPIMS. The role also includes continuous data cleaning, verification, validation and updating of the CPMIS database
- Ensure proper filling system is in place in accordance with MWENDO file management SOP
- Receive completed forms, verify and validate for completeness, accuracy and integrity
- Enter data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Type in data provided directly from project sites
- Update existing data whenever required
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Verifying and keying in data in CPIMS/OLMIS
- Help in retrieval and storage of OVC files accordingly and whenever required during DQAs and SIMS exercise
- Provide data for and participate in monthly data review meetings at LIP level
- Perform regular data cleaning to ensure quality OVC data in CPMIS
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a diploma in any related field. A degree will an added advantage
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or equivalent for at least 2 years
- Familiarity and experience with CPIMS/OLMIS in OVC programming
- Data entry & data cleaning experience in USAID OVC project would be an added advantage
- Experience in training CHVs in OVC data collection tools is a plus
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Positive attitude & an open mind
Skills and Abilities
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as good judgment and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
When applying; please indicate the position applied for on the envelope.
Attach your CV including salary expectation, day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references.
You can send your application by hand or courier services.
We are along Ngong rd opposite Nakumatt Prestige behind Algasim Motors next to Rehema Place.
Human Resources Manager AICCAD P.O. Box 21882 – 00505 Nairobi
Tel No: 0727 053 166
The deadline for receiving the applications will be on 20th March 2018.