|Active since||30-05-2018||Job category||Administration: Finance|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||–|
Forcier is looking for new team members to fill the following position:
Title: Research Officer
Line Manager: Director of Research
Post: Nairobi, Kenya with travel throughout Kenya
The responsibilities of the Research Officer are to:
• Conduct literature reviews, draft concept notes and inception reports, and gather relevant background information;
• Develop fieldwork and data collection plans including coordinating logistics, operations and financial aspects of fieldwork;
• Develop fieldwork budgets and monitor their effective execution;
• Draft quantitative and qualitative data collection tools for projects covering a range of subject matters;
• Conduct data entry, data quality assurance, data cleaning;
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and actively contribute to report writing;
• Other tasks as agreed between the Research Officer and the Director of Research.
Required skills & qualifications
• B.A. degree (or equivalent) in international affairs/development, political science, or a related field, M.A. degree preferred;
• At least 2 year of experience (professional or academic) conducting research including quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis and report writing;
• Prior experience with project management including budgets, timelines and logistics preferred;
• Knowledge of STATA or SPSS for data quality assurance, data cleaning and data analysis will be considered a significant asset;
• Experience collaborating with diverse, multi-cultural teams;
• Eagerness to learn and be pushed into new areas, and ability to learn from mistakes;
• Energetic, dynamic and strong work ethic;
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals only. To apply, please visit www.joinforcier.com. Applications for this position are reviewed on a rolling basis.