NGO Senior Field Accountant Job in Kenya
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against HIV and AIDS for Pediatric and families.
In 2015-2016, EGPAF is supporting activities in 19 countries. In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment in 12 counties. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF Kenya is looking to recruit Senior Field Accountants to be based in Homa Bay and Turkana
To ensure that EGPAF Kenya Field Offices financial and accounting operations are in strict compliance with EGPAF policies and procedures and specific donor rules and regulations. Also seek to strengthen existing financial controls in the field offices with a view to improving internal controls and ensuring efficient and prudent use of donor funds.
Senior Field Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Review adequacy of supporting documentation for all documentation forwarded for payment
- Review of all Mobilepayments to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Responsible for timely processing of staff advances for travel and activities in the sub-offices
- Responsible for ensuring that supplier invoicessubmitted in the fieldoffice are paid within the agreed timelines
- Responsible for reconciliation of supplier statements
- Responsible for ensuring that all hard copy vouchers are duly authorized before payment and filing
- Provides a monthly payment tracker for Invoices and Mobile Payments
- Manages a systematic financial filing system that is sequential, complete and up to date at all times both scanned and hard copies
- Pro-actively addresses identified monthly compliance issues regarding payables from HQ and between Nairobi & field Offices
- Responsible for implementing EGPAF Kenya’s advances liquidation policy
- Reviews and signs off on all submitted Field Expense Reports, ensuring the validity and accuracy of all submitted support documentation.
- Reviews posting ofthe advances liquidating expenses into QuickBooks for accuracy
- Maintains the field officeAged Advances report and ensures follow up of any outstanding amounts/ recovery from Payroll
- Provides monthly analytics on advances liquidation compliance trends
- Reviews and approves expenses incurred from petty cash, conducts surprise cash counts and trains Office Administrative Manager on petty cash policies
- As custodian of the check books, ensures safety, sequential check writing, counterfoil controls and application of new check books as appropriate
- Monitors field offices bank accounts balances and advises on funds transfer periods and amounts
- Ensure timely banking of any unspent amounts refunded by staff as well as any cheques written in favor of the foundation for various transactions
- Ensure all statutory remittances are paid on time, and that accurate amounts are paid
- Monitor news for changes in statutory requirements and regulations and consequently develop and implement the necessary procedures to facilitate adherence to statutes
- Maintain and update statutory remittances file, conducting period audits of the files to ensure ability to satisfy any statutory scrutiny
Monthly Reporting activities
- Supervises timely posting of all transactions as well as ensuring consistency, accuracy and completeness of such transactions.
- Performs accurate bank reconciliations at least monthly from the field office accounts
- Ensure field office meets all Nairobi reporting deadlines for Quick Books end of the month reports.
Audit & Compliance Review Support
- Support Donor related Compliance /Business SystemsReviews , including follow up and complete resolution of findings
- Support EGPAF’s annual internal andExternalaudits and Compliance Review functions and follow up of findings
- Provide financial technical support to the program team during Monthly activity Budgets preparation
- In liaison with HR, orientation of new staff on finance policies and procedures
- Responsible for training staff on proper timekeeping principles per USG regulations
- Any other work related duties as may be assigned
Qualifications for the Senior Field Accountant Job
- A wide understanding and experience working with USG funded projects
- Minimum Degree in related Business Field; CPA VI or equivalent
- Minimum three years working in donor funded project accounting (preferably USG funded) at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work long hours
- Able to work in team settings and willingness to learn
- Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
- Proficiency in Online QBKS is an added advantage
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply
If you meet these qualifications, apply online though our recruitment portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted