Senior Field Officer – Rural Electric Power Project Jobs at IPA, Kenya
Deadline to Apply: 25th March, 2016
Start Date: 18th April, 2016
Location: Busia and Siaya
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
An Innovation for Poverty Action (IPA) discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Senior Field Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
- Assist the Associate Field Managers to supervise field teams and ensring data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection and transmission
- Help project management in Planning of field activities and schedules as necessary requirements for every visit.
- Help in timely documentation of field scenarios and relaying the same to the project management for necessary action
- Provide the AFM with daily feedback on field activities
- Timely collection of quality data by conducting surveys, interviews and other scheduled activities and by rigorously following the study protocol with minimal supervision
- Interacting with community members, village elders, respondents and project partners with the highest level of integrity and understanding.
- Diligently administer project interventions in accordance with the protocol and study design
- Creating and sustaining a positive relationship with the study respondents.
- Providing study management team with regular feedback on field activities and review of Field Officer Performance.
- On non-field day, performing office duties such as translation work, filing, Making of phone calls to identified respondents to schedule visits, and other duties as assigned and directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience for Senior Field Officer Jobs in Kenya
- College diploma or university degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economics, Geography, Statistics, Business or other relevant academic qualifications
- Excellent Oral and written communication in English and Swahili.
- Ability to handle and speak with people from diverse cultural back grounds
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team
- Willingness to use any means of travel including walking, riding on bikes (Boda boda) and willing to travel to rural parts of Western Kenya.
- Experience with data collection using both paper surveys and CAI.
- Ability to be flexible and confortable interviewing both illiterate and high cadre individuals in a professional manner.
- Basic computing knowledge and skills – Mandatory.
- Past Experience in electronic data collection using SurveyCTO, ODK or any other CAIs.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate in local languages spoken in Busia and Siaya Counties i.e. Luhya, Ateso and Luo speakers desired.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online