National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage. The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy, Planning and Marketing, the Deputy Director, Marketing and Public Education will guide and oversee the formulation and implementation of integrated marketing, public education and communications plans and strategies to improve the visibility of the NHIF brand and retention of satisfied customers.
• Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the division’s work plan and budget;
• Implement marketing and business development plans and customer care programmes for sustainable membership growth;
• Plan and coordinate public education and awareness programmes to improve product knowledge and new members enrolment;
• Conduct market research and gather market intelligence on changing member preferences and health insurance practices to inform product development, programmes and service delivery standards;
• Brand NHIF products and implement promotional activities to improve market acceptability, consumer demand and market coverage;
• Participate in exhibitions, trade shows and related publicity programmes to enhance the Fund’s
• Utilise interactive social media and websites platforms to receive customer feedback on NHIF services and emerging issues;
• Make strategic, operational and financial decisions for the division;
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
• Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
• Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary; Prepare and present performance reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or Public Relations or other business related field.
• Master’s degree in Marketing or other business related field.
• Charted Institute of Marketing /Marketing Society of Kenya/ Public Relations Society of Kenya Member of Marketing Society of Kenya.
• At least nine (9) years’ experience with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and competencies:
• Conversant with the NHIF Act.
• Analytical thinking and strong data analysis skills.
• Project management
• Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
• Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
• Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
• Excellent business relationship management, negotiation and networking skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong Customer care skills.
• Strategic orientation.
How to Apply
For full details on each position including qualifications and experience, please visit NHIF Website on http://www.nhif.or.ke and send your applications to [email protected] or send by post or hand deliver to:
Goal Advisory (A) Ltd
1st Floor, Centro House,
Ring Road, Westlands,
P O Box 14426-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Your application should reach us by 30th January 2017
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer. While applying, please quote the title and reference of the position and include day and evening telephone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted