Reporting to the Deputy Director/Head of ICT, the Manager, Business Systems will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and upgrading IT systems to support NHIF’s business operations and
processes in consultation with users.
• Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the section’s work plan and budget;
• Conduct analysis of user requirements, develop and maintain systems including web based applications to support business operations and processes:
• Integrate existing and newly designed systems and assess the specific access levels required for applications;
• Conduct the translation and documentation of user requirements into system specifications to inform system review and upgrade;
• Collaborate with developers in undertaking static and dynamic testing of new or enhanced systems;
• Determine and document NHIF User procedures to inform training requirements;
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide high level support and troubleshooting of systems;
• Manage the relationship between NHIF Users and Third Party application development and programming Consultants;
• Facilitate selection and implementation of database systems;
• Facilitate Backups and Disaster recovery services to ensure systems availability and business continuity;
• Participate in the creation of system design and functional specifications for all new projects;
• Generate and submit system reports to Deputy Director/Head of ICT;
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for the Business Systems team in line with the strategic plan;
• Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
• Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary; Prepare and present performance reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or related field.
• Master’s Degree in Business Systems, IT or other related field.
• MCSE, IC3, MCSD, MCCP, ITIL and/or CISA, VMware, NETAP infrastructure Oracle, SQL. Experience in Microsoft. NET, Visual Basic and HTML.
• At least six (6) years’ experience with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge of windows, servers and desktop products.
• Knowledge in setting up Strong Object Oriented and NET Framework.
• Project management skills
• Conversant with ERP, ICT infrastructure systems.
• Analytical/creative mind and strong data analysis skills.
• Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
• Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
• Decision making ability to drive change and innovation. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
For full details on each position including qualifications and experience, please visit NHIF Website on http://www.nhif.or.ke and send your applications to [email protected] or send by post or hand deliver to:
Goal Advisory (A) Ltd
1st Floor, Centro House,
Ring Road, Westlands,
P O Box 14426-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Your application should reach us by 30th January 2017
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer. While applying, please quote the title and reference of the position and include day and evening telephone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted