National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage. The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Marketing & Public Education, the Manager, Communication and Public Education will be responsible for developing and implementing public education and communication strategies and public relations activities for brand awareness, member enrollment and retention.
• Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the section’s work plan and budget;
• Rollout public education and awareness programmes to improve product knowledge and new members registration;
• Participate in exhibitions, trade shows and related publicity programmes to enhance the Fund’s visibility and to inform members of available healthcare facilities and medical covers;
• Conduct customer satisfaction surveys to establish satisfaction levels and trends and identify opportunities for the improvement of service;
• Organise interactive social media programmes for information sharing and to receive feedback on public perception on NHIF services;
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for all staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
• Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
• Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary; Prepare and present performance reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or Public Relations or other business related field.
• Master’s degree in Communication or other business related field
• Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya
• At least six (6) years’ experience with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and competencies:
• Conversant with the NHIF Act.
• Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
• Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
• Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
• Excellent business relationship management, negotiation and networking skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong Customer care skills.
How to Apply
For full details on each position including qualifications and experience, please visit NHIF Website on http://www.nhif.or.ke and send your applications to [email protected] or send by post or hand deliver to:
Goal Advisory (A) Ltd
1st Floor, Centro House,
Ring Road, Westlands,
P O Box 14426-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Your application should reach us by 30th January 2017
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer. While applying, please quote the title and reference of the position and include day and evening telephone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted