National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage. The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Quality Assurance & Contracting, the Manager, Healthcare Contracting will advise on the contracting terms.
• Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the section’s work plan and budget;
• Formulate specifications for the contracting of health providers;
• Implement initiatives and programmes for enhancing increased accessibility of NHIF members and their declared dependants to healthcare facilities;
• Review and develop clinical survey procedures, tools and systems;
• Develop and manage Health Management Information System for NHIF;
• Implement the international disease code in the operating ICT systems;
• Formulate and administer policies to ensure quality of healthcare to members at accredited
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
• Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
• Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary; Prepare and present performance reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or other clinical related field.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or other related field.
• Diploma in Insurance/Quality Management/Quality Assurance or other related field.
• Membership to the relevant professional body
• At least six (6) years’ experience in Quality management with three (3) years at managerial level. Skills and competencies:
• Conversant with the International Quality Standards in healthcare and insurance fund management.
• Analytical/creative mind and strong data analysis skills.
• Project management.
• Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
• Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
• Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong Customer care skills.
How to Apply
For full details on each position including qualifications and experience, please visit NHIF Website on http://www.nhif.or.ke and send your applications to [email protected] or send by post or hand deliver to:
Goal Advisory (A) Ltd
1st Floor, Centro House,
Ring Road, Westlands,
P O Box 14426-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Your application should reach us by 30th January 2017
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer. While applying, please quote the title and reference of the position and include day and evening telephone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted