National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage. The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
Reporting to the Deputy Director/Head of ICT, the Manager, Network and Infrastructure will assume responsibility for the development and enhancement of NHIF’s network and infrastructure and ensure its adequacy, availability, efficiency and usage.
• Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the section’s work plan and budget;
• Oversee installation, configuration and maintenance of multiplatform systems hardware, software and network components, system performance and monitoring tools, virtualization of hardware and software and data backup technologies;
• Facilitate the availability of hardware and software relating to servers, storage, network and communication systems for optimal performance and work towards minimal downtime of infrastructure;
• Conduct data backup while formulating and implementing recovery plans for operating capability in the event of emergencies;
• Develop policies on LAN/WAN availability, utilization and monitoring, and update departmental policies and procedures on network management;
• Liaise with the Deputy Director/Head of ICT on identifying and prioritizing institutional infrastructure needs, conducting cost/benefit analysis, capacity plans and in collaboration with
other functions determine departmental specific needs;
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades;
• Carry out regular audits and tests of the network infrastructure and apply necessary corrective measures;
• Facilitate automation of all NHIF network and infrastructure to improve interoffice communication to ISO standards;
• Monitor the utilization of the network systems and forecast and advise on capacity changes;
• Establish a strong working relationship with external suppliers in order to enhance productivity and manage costs through negotiations and systems error escalations;
• Oversee user assistance across the Fund through the ICT Helpdesk;
• Manage the NHIF website, Mail system and Intranet to ensure security;
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for all staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
• Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
• Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary; Prepare and present performance reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics and Computer Science or a related field. Master’s Degree in Business Administration: Strategic Management, Information Systems, Science or related field.
• MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCDBA, CCNA, FOA and/or
• Diploma in IT related field
• At least six (6) years’ experience with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and competencies:
• Conversant with ERP, ICT infrastructure systems.
• Analytical/creative mind and strong data analysis skills.
• Project management.
• Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
• Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
• Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Network and remote access for users (PC and Mobile devices).
• Knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
How to Apply
For full details on each position including qualifications and experience, please visit NHIF Website on http://www.nhif.or.ke and send your applications to [email protected] or send by post or hand deliver to:
Goal Advisory (A) Ltd
1st Floor, Centro House,
Ring Road, Westlands,
P O Box 14426-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Your application should reach us by 30th January 2017
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer. While applying, please quote the title and reference of the position and include day and evening telephone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted