Reporting to the Head of Registration and Compliance, the Regional Manager will coordinate branches in area of jurisdiction and take responsibility for enforcement and implementation of the NHIF Act by effective and efficient management of member registration, revenue collection, benefits administration and quality assurance activities.
• Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the Region’s work plan and budget;
• Act as liaison between branches and related business entities such as Huduma Centres and the NHIF headquarters for seamless communications, harmony and synergy in services delivery;
• Manage and organize regular performance meetings to review branch targets in member registration, revenue collection and claims processing and build consensus on the sharing of common resources and available capacities;
• Monitor resource utilization and rationalize supporting cost centres such as ICT, HR, Customer Service and Finance for cost efficiencies and effective service delivery;
• Spearhead surveys to collect information on market opportunities for member registration and to inform the Fund’s corporate strategies and programmes;
• Arbitrate between branches regarding areas of jurisdictions
• Ensure the implementation of the Service Charter at the branches;
• Oversee quality of healthcare services in all accredited facilities within the Region of jurisdiction;
• Ensure implementation of international standards in the provision of healthcare at the Branches;
• Engage local communities within the region through corporate social responsibility to create awareness on social health insurance and identify opportunities for member registration;
• Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
• Liaise with procurement department in ensuring that all branches in the region are well supplied with office equipment, work stations and stationery;
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Fund;
• Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary;
• Prepare concept papers, board papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports on achievement against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variance and areas of improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Business or other related field.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or other related field.
• Diploma in Management, Business Administration or Insurance.
• Certificate in Investigations and Prosecution. Membership to relevant professional body.
• At least six (6) years’ experience in Management, Insurance or related field with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and competencies:
• Conversant with NHIF Act.
• Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
• Management, organizational and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
• Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
• Excellent business relationship management, negotiation and networking skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong Customer care skills.
• Strong supervisory and performance Management skills to optimize employee productivity.
How to Apply
For full details on each position including qualifications and experience, please visit NHIF Website on http://www.nhif.or.ke and send your applications to [email protected] or send by post or hand deliver to:
Goal Advisory (A) Ltd
1st Floor, Centro House,
Ring Road, Westlands,
P O Box 14426-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Your application should reach us by 30th January 2017
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer. While applying, please quote the title and reference of the position and include day and evening telephone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted