(NLC GRADE 6) – FOUR (4) POSTS
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Senior Legal Officers (Min Kshs. 90,000 – Max Kshs. 130,000)
This position is responsible for providing legal advice to the commission and safeguard its interests through various legal initiatives and facilitate decision making for enhanced effectiveness in the fulfillment of its constitutional and statutory mandate.
Duties for the Senior Legal Officers Job
Under the supervision of the Chief legal officer, the officer will be performing the following duties
- Implement policies, procedures and regulations on legal affairs and enforcement
- Implement procedures for safeguarding National Land Commission’s interests
- Implement legal decisions and court orders for the Commission
- Give input in development of legislation as appropriate Assist in representing the Commission on litigation and court cases for the Commission
- Prepare preliminary legal documents/instruments
- Draft local agreements and contractual documents;
- Interpret legal issues and implications
- Prepare legal opinions;
- Prepare briefs on legal matters in the Commission;
- Carry out surveys and research on assigned legal issues;
- Collect and collate research data; and
- Compile progress reports.
Senior Legal Officers Job Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Education from the Kenya School of Law
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- At least five (5) years’ working experience
- Proficiency in computer applications
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm