Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
The HR Assistant report to HR/Administration Officer.
- Assist in updating and roll-out of Human Resource policies and in observing to ensure that that they are respected
- Assist staff in clarifying on HR policies, processes, procedures and standard NRC practices
- Provide HR administrative support (eg placement of advertisements, receiving and filling applications, inviting candidates for interview, organizing interview venues, issuance of new staff identity cards – IDs, etc) during staff and Incentive Workers recruitment processes
- Update and maintain all staff records and individual files including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc
- Generate regular monthly records and reports such as leave report, staff lists, HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover, insurance and other staff issues
- Draft Incentive Worker contracts for review and approval
- Prepare the regular Incentive Staff payroll data for review
- Undertake and maintain HR archives in accordance with the NRC regulations
- Support in the implementation of staff training and development programs
- Provide administrative support for staff welfare programs/activities
- Contribute in the alignment and design of additional HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the line Manager.
- National Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ of relevant work experience.
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Academy college / University
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the statutory laws
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- Excellent self and office organization
- A strong administrative service attitude orientation
- Excellent individual conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply