Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Job location: Kakuma
Ref. nr.: 3245167740
Number of positions: 1
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
NRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by the ongoing conflict and more recently by the drought and famine.
NRC offers a comprehensive response for Refugees, returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
To assist in the information management of NRC’s program in Kakuma by processing data generated by assessments and project progress monitoring; keeping the M&E system updated with information obtained from program staff; and production of overall Area M&E reports
- Work closely with program to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports.
- Conduct and support regular surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports and draft the regular projects’ M&E report
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system
- Assist with documentation of the projects, including project inputs and outputs (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activity attendance, etc.)
- Assist in data analysis for compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports
- Maintain and update the Area M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing
- Assist in making data entry forms and reports as required
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; and prepare the required of statistical charts, tables and reports
- Assist with the production of maps and other geographic information products
- Liaise with United Nations agencies and other humanitarian partners to ensure that the information needed to support humanitarian operations is generated and made easily available.
- University degree, preferably in social sciences, international relations and/or development or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in field of humanitarian/development M&E implementation
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational (eg construction) activities
Education field: Social science
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Commencement: As soon as possible
Duty Station: Kakuma
Duration of contract: One yerar with possibility of Extension
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. The candidate will observe NRC’s code of
Travel: No travelling required
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Role: Assistant
Deadline for application: 08/11/2016