Regional HR Adviser – Region Horn of Africa Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the Regional HR Adviser is to support the country offices in implementation of HR and administrative systems in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The regional HR Adviser can also on behalf of the Regional Head of HR perform quality and compliance control.
HR Adviser Jobs Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on HR.
- Support and monitor compliance with the HR handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the HR handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
- Provide capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
- Performance Management of the regional HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Responsible for recruitment processes of international staff and senior national staff above the Coordinator level and all staff at the regional office according to NRC’s procedures and standards.
Specific Tasks are
- Exploration of different advertising and recruitment methods
- Talent Scouting
Qualifications for the HR Adviser Jobs
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
Travel: Some travelling must be expected