Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The Logistics Officer (Procurement) report to the Logistics Coordinator – Dadaab.
Responsibilities for the Logistics Office Job
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Training and development of logistics team at office level
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily area operations including procurement and supplies, all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets.
- Lead the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to construction materials and equipment.
- Prepare procurement plans in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Ensure that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately.
- Ensure that all procurement needs for Dadaab are being met in a timely and quality manner.
- Liaise with Logistics Nairobi to follow up and monitor with the Logistics Coordinator on all orders.
- Maintain monthly order overview and report on procurement performance indicators.
- Ensure that all works and service contracts are done according to NRC’s Logistics manual, NRC’s Code of
- Conduct and Kenyan Labor laws.
- Maintain and update local price lists.
- Assign duties, supervise and appraise section staff.
Qualifications for the Logistics Officer Job
- At least 5 years’ of relevant working experience in procurement.
- Bachelor degree in Logistics
- National Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management, or Logistics.
- At least National Certificate level training in Purchasing and Supplies preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Good team leader
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is up to December 2017. Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
How To Apply