Financial Analyst Job at Nova Academies
Nova Academies is looking for a superstar Financial Analyst to provide a high quality support services and prepare, develop and analyze reports for the and internal management team.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision. The core elements of our culture include:
We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly. We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow. We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves. We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst
- Collection & reconciliation of school fees
- Extracurricular activity fee management
- Debt management
- Scholarship students’ revenue and expense management
- Alternative payment plans with banks for parents
- Developing systems and reporting for school fees collection
- Communication to parents on any finance changes e.g. bank details
- Assist with the new business process and working with Finance and Business Managers.
- Cash reconciliations, payment date accounting, monthly reporting and report production, daily modeling, analysis and reporting and financial Analysis.
- Responsible for the day today general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance projects as assigned by Manager
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the organization’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decisionmaking toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Describe an insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to management to drive business results.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide
practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Support the Manager by being the first point of contact for issues and questions.
- Identify nonvalue added processes within the department and seek solutions.
Qualifications for the Financial Analyst Job
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree and professional qualifications in CPA, CFA, ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a large audit, insurance or accounting environment
- Experience in leading implementation of highly effective controls and processes.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures in relation to as well as financial sector operations (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS and their application in the preparation of financial statements
- Ability to effectively interpret financial information
- Good presentation and communication skills including the ability to write proper reports
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Interpersonal and crosscultural skills
- Demonstrate the right attitude towards work and willingness to continuously learn
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Strong organization and analytical skills as well as keenness to details
How To Apply
Apply via this link http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/PtzSBrVdxv/Financial-Analyst
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 10 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.