Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Teacher – Humanities
This is an opportunity to create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Subjects We are Looking for: Business Studies
Your role will be based at our Nova Ondiri Campus or Tatu City Campus
Reports To: Principal
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
- Infusing joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence .
- Being accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrating interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery
- Meeting up with your learning designer to ensure unit and lesson plans are mapped to standards.
- Setting and communicating rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Attending weekly feedback meetings with manager to enhance teaching practices
- Heading a club opportunity for students each term.
- Providing feedback to the curriculum design team about lessons and the overall structure of a unit to ensure revisions are made
- Fully participating in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and outside professional opportunities
- A born-teacher. You are not in it by coincidence or accident.
- Teachers’ Service Commission certified/recognized
- A Bachelor’s degree In Education from a well-recognized University. You should have graduated officially by the time of application
- Energetic and passionate about education.
- You’re a top performer with a strong academic background
- You have between 1-6 years of relevant teaching experience. At Nova, we love teachers who have also had varied work experience apart from teaching
- Adept at using Technology. We use a lot of tech for instruction