Lower Primary School Teacher Job at Nova Academies
Nova Academies is looking for superstar Lower Primary School Teachers to fill 2018 vacancies in its Tatu City Primary School whose construction begins in April 2017.
We are seeking dynamic individuals who wants to empower students with a different learning approach using the Kenyan system. This is an opportunity to help create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
Responsibilities for the Lower Primary School Teacher Job
We are hiring Primary School Teachers to oversee the daily learning for Primary school students within a teaching team. You will be required to participate in, and lead where appropriate, extracurricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organizing of school events and functions (e.g. interhouse competitions, concerts, school plays, and award evenings.) Specialization in one or more of the following subjects: Computer, French, Sport, Music, Art, Drama, Home economics will be advantageous
You will also:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motorskill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading
Qualifications for the Lower Primary School Teacher Job
- You have a strong, demonstrated passion for education and young children
- You have strong classroom management skills.
- You have an understanding of and passion for inquiry based, studentcentered learning.
- You have a team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem solving.
- You care deeply about personal growth and also about developing others.
- You have experience teaching early learners and exposure to montessori learning
- You have a 12 years of teaching experience
- You are a qualified (or qualifying) teacher with a P1 diploma or ECDE qualifications or a combination of both
- You are licensed by the TSC
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
How To Apply