Marketing Data Analyst
About Nova Academies: If we reinvented education for Africa’s 21st century, what would it look like?
We think it would combine a focus on the foundational skills and mindsets needed to thrive in the modern economy, and learning by solving challenging problems in real situations.
We think it would involve cutting edge technology training, access to global thought leaders, and connectivity with likeminded schools across the globe.
We are a pan-African network of schools for the next generation of leaders and innovators in Africa.
We have two schools in South Africa and one school in Nairobi — and continuing to scale quickly.
We deliver world-class learning and 21st century skills at an affordable cost, and teach students to learn through creative problem solving, collaborative leadership, and self-mastery.
As Marketing Data Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the marketing team by maintaining our database and by analyzing our marketing and customer research data to develop insights and recommendations to drive our marketing strategy.
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will be specifically responsible for the following:
- CRM & Database Management: You will be responsible for working independently to maintain and manage our CRM database, and working cross-functionally with admissions, operations, and learning team to make sure all data is accurate. You will set up and develop workflows, modules, apps, forms, links etc. for the CRM, as needed.
- Data Analysis: You will be responsible for developing and managing the marketing dashboard and provide daily and weekly updates to the marketing team and to management. On a monthly basis, you will be responsible for producing well-structured, in depth analysis of the data to generate insights that contribute to our overall strategy. Your job will also include working with the finance team to evaluate the ROI of our offline marketing activities and make recommendations based on the outcome of this analysis.
- Backend Support: You will be responsible for providing technical expertise and infrastructure development necessary to develop the CRM, and liaise with outside support where necessary. You will be responsible for training the team on the CRM as needed.
- 3-4 years relevant quantitative work experience
- Strong background in actuarial science, math, finance or economics
- Technologically adept with at least some coding familiarity
- Database management and project management experience
- Advanced proficiency in excel, working knowledge of PowerPoint and ability to make data visual
- Experience with salesforce a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will be assessed on the following:
- Quality and accuracy of data
- Speedy update of data – (within 24hours of new data being provided)
- 100% uptime for dashboards
- Quality of your ROI analysis
- Accuracy of assumptions, inputs, formulas etc.
- Development of a clean readable worksheet that is able to be updated regularly and/or automated
- The insight of the analysis
- Being a SME on the CRM
- Learning all relevant skills and knowledge to master the CRM
- Mastering all related knowledge related to the CRM like APIs, SQL, the database, integrations
- Being able to demonstrate the ability to utilize this knowledge to further company objectives or to consult to other people in the team on questions related to the system
- Conduct regular training to ensure that team members are up to date on the system
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis and ONLY qualified candidates will be invited for interviews
Applications close on March 31st, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
This is an exciting role with great career prospects in a progressive, highly ambitious school network.
How to Apply
Launch your online application via- http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/