Science Teacher Job at Nova Academies
Are you looking for an extraordinary school where the learners are excited, inquisitive and have to be convinced to go home at the end of the day? Are you a recent Bachelor of Education/Science/Engineering graduate with between 26+ years of experience looking to build your teaching experience in a worldclass institution?
If you answered yes to these questions then you are a viable candidate to be a Resident Teacher at Nova Academies at our school opening in Nairobi in late 2017. We have a world leading teaching and learning approach that is inquiry based and student-centered and an apprenticeship model that brings your studies and ambitions to life.
Responsibilities for the Science Teacher Job
- Teach Math, Physics, Chemistry, Business Studies and Computer Studies
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery
- Meet up with your learning designer to ensure unit and lesson plans are mapped to standards.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with manager to enhance teaching practices
- Head a club, house opportunity for students each term.
- Provide feedback to the curriculum design team about lessons and the overall structure of a unit to ensure revisions are made.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and outside professional opportunities.
Qualifications for the Science Teacher Job
- A born teacher. You are not in it by coincidence or accident.
- Teachers’ Service Commission certified/recognized
- A Bachelor’s degree from a wellrecognized University. You should have graduated officially by the time of application
- Energetic and passionate about education.
- You’re a top performer with a strong academic background
- You have 26+ years of relevant teaching experience. At Nova, we love teachers who have also had varied work experience apart from teaching
- Adept at using Technology. We use a lot of technology for instruction
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
How To Apply