Nova Pioneer Administrative Associate/Receptionist Job in Kenya
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Administrative Associate/Receptionist to provide services in administration, discharging clerical and secretarial duties that facilitate the smooth working of communication internally and externally, as directed by and in consultation with the Operations Department and the Office of The Principal and other such managers as may be designated. This role has a strong element of Public Relations of the Schools, both internally and externally.
Our Team Culture Is Designed To Reinforce Our Vision
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
- Live the Nova Culture
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and other office functions and activities related to the administration of diverse programs and operations at the school.
- Make and receive phone calls on the school’s telephone lines
- Schedule meetings for The Principal in line with the diary
- Facilitate the Public Relations function of the front office
- Prepare documents ahead of internal meetings as directed by the Principal (photocopying, binding, filing etc.)
- Prepare of documents ahead of external meetings as directed by the Principal (photocopying, binding, filing etc.)
- Prepare documents for internal display on pin-boards or notice boards
- Respond to routine correspondences and send out scheduled communications
- Keep custody of the pupils’ attendance registers and any confidential documents on behalf of the Principal
- Manage petty cash
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager
- A people-person with great memory and organizational skills
- You love detail and accuracy
- You have previous experience developing warm working relationships with parents, 3-10 year old children and teenagers.
- You have 2-3 years’ experience in front office management
- You have a Diploma or Degree in Office Administration and possess HR knowledge and skills
- You reside in and around Juja/Thika Road/Ruiru or are willing to move in order to be close to work
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
How to Apply