NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
- Assist in reviewing of staff travel claims
- Assist in review of payment support documents working closely with the Finance Officer
- Assist in preparation and sorting of inter-country support vouchers
- Assist in defacing of approved payment vouchers
- Assist in preparation of accounts reconciliations
- Compliance and adherence to the organisational set policies and internal controls
- Assist in routine filing as per existing filing system
- Any other duties as assigned
- University/Higher Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- Computer skills in MS Office Word and Excel, and Internet
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels in a multicultural environment
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate and numerate.
- Willingness to learn and to accept new challenges
We offerDuty station: Nairobi
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Finance
- Role: Assistant
How to Apply