Number of positions: 1
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Comply with with NRC’s HR policies and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of the organization policies and procedures
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filling applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance
- Prepare staff contributions to relevant statutory bodies (social security, pensions etc.)
- Assist in preparing the national staff payroll
- Assist in training and capacity building arrangements
- In liaison with the Administration Officer develop appropriate policies and procedures for hospitality in NRC Hagadera
- Prepare the catering, accommodation and housekeeping budgets for review with the Administration Officer
- Maintain catering, accommodation and housekeeping stock inventories
- Ensure cleanliness, décor and design of kitchen and accommodation units
- Monitor laundry cleaning and ensure laundry procedures, processes and standards are maintained
- Prepare section reports and maintain a proper filing system including stock and material requisitions and usage records
- Ensure proper maintenance, safekeeping and timely replacement of catering, accommodation and housekeeping equipment, working tools and assets
- Coordinate garbage collection and disposal.
- Assign, train, supervise and appraise the work of cooks and cleaners
- Any other assignment as may be required by the line Manager.
- National Diploma in Human Resources Management/ Diploma in Business Administration or any related field
- Two years working experience in HR/Admin department
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
Education field: Administration / Organisation / Management
Education level: Academy college / University
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the statutory laws
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- Excellent self and office organization
- A strong administrative service attitude orientation
- Excellent individual conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
Duty station: Dadaab
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Administration / Office work HR
- Role: Assistant