Number of positions: 1
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance through its core competencies (CCs): Camp Management, Education, Food Security, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Shelter, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
In the Horn of Africa, South Sudan and Yemen (HoASSY) region, about 40% of school age children are out of school and require urgent support to access quality education.
- Under the strategic direction of the Education Above All Foundation – Educate A Child Programme (EAC) Chief of Party, establish and implement an M&E System for the project
- Promote the standardization of M&E processes throughout the countries implementing the EAC project, ensuring coherence and quality of information collected against planned results and activities.
- Provide technical and surge support to the EAC implementing countries in the region on M&E processes, outcome monitoring, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis for assessments, donor reporting and other processes
- Provide technical advice and backstopping support to EAC Project Managers in the field and contribute to the setting and monitoring targets for the project
- Plan and execute project assessments, reviews and evaluations in coordination with the EAC Chief of Party and other project staff
- Support the roll out of mobile phone data collection by training field staff, guiding in the creation of questionnaire templates and providing technical support
- Conduct training on the M&E Framework for all countries implementing EAC project
- Facilitate learning amongst the EAC implementing countries through reviews of progress against bench marks, collecting lessons learnt and best practices and facilitating dissemination of the same across in region
- Lead the development of a web-based dashboard to facilitate EAC project implementing countries access to relevant information from the data collected through Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology
- Establish and implement an Accountability Framework with an ingrained Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for timely decision making and improvements to programming
- Ensure standardization of tools for all EAC Project implementing countries to undertake regular Programme monitoring including carrying out assessments, establishing baseline surveys, documenting progress, conducting Post-Distribution Monitoring (PDM) and endline surveys and evaluations
- Hold meetings with the EAC technical advisors and consultants on a quarterly basis to ensure smooth coordination and to check that project tools are in line with EAC standards
- Ensure close collaboration with the Communication and Advocacy unit in regards to external knowledge sharing and evidence based advocacy and related external communication
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees in line with the regional advocacy strategy.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC programme policy, education tools and handbooks
- University degree preferably in statistics, social sciences, development or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and implementing M&E systems for international donor-funded projects
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, SSP, GIS, excellent at excel
- Solid experience in programme monitoring and evaluation as well as ability to design M & E tools relevant to the education sector
- Experience in conducting M&E activities in highly insecure context and for programme using community based approach (including data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, outcome monitoring and dissemination of results)
- Experience in designing survey and research tools, organizing and delivering training workshops, managing community mobilization and advocacy activities for local non-governmental organizations
- Ability to work closely with field based national staff and experience in various staff training
- High level of communication, interpersonal, representation and negotiation skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge in Arabic language will be an added advantage
- Finance / Economics
- Social science
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and coping with change
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
- Able to present and represent an organisation
- Culturally sensitive and coping with a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Flexible and proactive attitude towards problem-solving
- Duty station: Nairobi
- Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi
- 40% Travel is expected.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Role: Middle / line manager