Norwegian Refugee Council
Finance Assistant – Mandera (Kenyan Nationals Only) – Kenya
Ref. nr.: 3129504465
Duty Station: Mandera
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Verify that all vouchers and supporting documents are according to standard set in the Financial Handbook, and enter them into the accounting system.
- Follow up on advances and refunds
- Prepare and arrange bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification.
- Record all cash movements
- Prepare periodic financial reports and submit for review
- Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting for approval
- Make approved payments
- Diploma in Finance/Accounting. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), level 2
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a donor grants management role
Education field: Finance / Economics
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good financial analysis skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills in MS Office.
Duration of Contract: Up to December 2016 with possible extension
Salary / Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC office in Mandera.
How to Apply
Go to www.nrc.no to apply online
Deadline for application: 08/07/2016