Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
Communications Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Develop innovative public communication products for the NRC Kenya linked to NRC’s Global Communications Strategy.
- Coordinate research relating to programmatic objectives, in conjunction with NRC Core Competency Specialists.
- Assist the Head of Programmes and Country Director in the development of coherent advocacy, fundraising, and overall strategy of NRC Kenya.
- Support the creation of media and communication products, working with Head Office and Regional Office staff.
- Coordinate information collation required for internal and donor reporting.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies in relation to information collection and communication.
- Write regular position papers and other communication for a public audience, that helps promote NRC’s advocacy and other strategic objectives.
- Coordinate systematic recording and editing of human-interest stories and photographs for use in communication and internal/external donor reporting.
- Coordinate NRC Kenya’s input into NRC public reports, such as the annual report.
- Responsible for improving internal communications, by managing NRC Kenya’s presence on the organization’s internal information-sharing platform, Workplace.
- Establish social media platforms for the Kenya Country Programme.
- Regularly update the fundraising strategy under the direction of the Country Director.
- Regularly update the work plan related to the advocacy objectives of the Kenya Country Strategy.
- Develop terms of reference for consultants undertaking research.
- Coordinate the agenda for strategic planning meetings.
- Any ad hoc tasks relating to communication and research as required by the Country Director.
Qualifications for the Communications Coordinator Job
- Graduate in relevant educational discipline.
- Proven experience in media, communication, advocacy or related field in the humanitarian context, including photography and video skills.
- Proven ability to produce excellent written English across a range of communication products.
- Relevant skills managing social media platforms.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
How to Apply