Logistics Assistant – Mandera (Kenyan Nationals Only) – Kenya
Ref. No: 3129519116
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensure safety and security of materials while immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies
- Prepare periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic inventory audits
- Ensures flow and continuity of materials and supplies to ensure effective operation and beneficiary Support.
- Enters accurately and in concise manner all data relating to the items which are in the store – this involves the use of stock cards, good received notes, waybills, stock request forms
- To provide assistance in any spot checks carried out by management, in providing data so that verification can be carried out as per logistics handbook
- Ensure adherence to NRC Assets and Inventory management (registration, control and tracking) system is exercised and assist / support on its implementation.
- Adherence to the Procurement SOPs and Logistics Handbook
- Update vendor list
- Distribute/organize transport of material and equipment according to procedures
- Prepare documents as required by line manager.
- Ensure store is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure physical stock count is done at the end of every month.
- Ensure stock cards and ledger books are duly filled and updated.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Logistics Officer or Coordinator
- Conduct regular assets / inventory items’ tracking checks while ensuring that the tracking system is effective
- Ensure there is proper communication between NRC departments related to assets & inventory items’ movements; asset & inventory items transfers and changes are well monitored and documented and proper control of all equipment at all times is in effect.
- Working with the all staff, ensure that a detailed inventory of all IT equipment is properly established, maintained, and updated for Gaziantep and Cross Border Operations
- Experience from working as a Warehouse Clerk/Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or business administration
Education Field: Logistics
Education Level: Academy college / University
- Excellent computer skills especially including MS Excel spreadsheets and records
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with suppliers and staff.
- Demonstration of flexibility
- Clear written and oral communications
- Fluency in English language
Contract duration: Up to December 2016 with possibility of extension.
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Kenya.
How to Apply