NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Implement NRC’s HR systems/projects and procedures in the region for both national and international staff
- Coordinate staff recruitments, introductions and exits. By doing so, support line managers in drafting job descriptions/ToRs for new international and senior national positions
- Draft and publish job announcements and carry out initial sorting of the applications/CVs and submit the long list to the recruiting line manager for short listing
- Manage initial communications with the candidates and between the candidates and the recruiting line managers
- Support on preparation of national staff pay roll
- Support and follow on staff performance management timetable
- Conduct reference interviews on candidates and log them on the system
- Document the recruitment process/report and prepare contracts and all other related documentation on recruitments
- Train and support line managers on HR processes
- Participate in addressing personnel conflicts/investigations/cases/disciplinary actions
- Specific attention on talent scouting using all possible methods of recruitment
- Provide HR support to the countries in the region
- Ensure all countries submit monthly, quarterly HR reports to the region
- Support the Regional Capacity Building Coordinator on staff capacity building related functions/Trainings etc
- You must have been talent scouting or a recruiter or currently a recruiter in the private sector. This is a MUST
- Experience in conducting recruitments for both International personnel and senior management positions is a must
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in the HoA/Yemen/South Sudan/Uganda/East Africa
- Proven talent recruitment and scouting skills
- Knowledge of the labour laws of the countries of operation.
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Kenya.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
Go to www.nrc.no to apply online Deadline for application: 08/07/2016