Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Kisumu dedicated to improving the reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has a variety of research projects, it runs support groups for PLWHA and MARPS, and it is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention in Nyanza region.
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Prepare and circulate monthly donor monitoring (expense vs. budget) report to programme managers.
- Review monthly donor reports with the relevant Project Coordinator identifying areas with financial risks in line with donor conditions for the managers to take proactive corrective action.
- Promptly follow-up and make adjustments to monthly reports based on feedback from the Project Coordinator and HoF
- Assist project managers with budget re-alignment and other budgetary issues
- Ensure expenses are charged to correct project and budget lines
- To review monthly budget projection from Project Coordinators and forward to the HoF for consolidation and raising Request For Funds to donors
- To review monthly cash flow forecast from Project Coordinators and forward to the HoF for project funds transfer to the sub-office
- Assist Project Coordinators with developing proposal budget to various donors, budget re-alignment, review and preparation of the NRHS annual and mid-year financial review (MYFR) budgets
- Generate NRHS monthly finance reports and send for review by HoF.
- Prepare payments to vendors and other parties and ensure proper coding to reflect correct expenditure is charged to appropriate projects and line item
- Assist with preparation of monthly cash flow for timely donor funds transfer to ensure adequate working capital for NRHS
- To ensure confidentiality and security of NRHS financial information is maintained in line with NRHS document retention, retrieval and archiving policy.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor`s degree majoring in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution
- Minimum of three years job experience in an NGO setting
- CPA II certification
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Applications Should Include:
Cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications including the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
How to Apply
Apply via email to [email protected] with the job title ` Accountant’ on the subject line.
Applications submitted by 15th October, 2015