Conservation Impact & Information Officer Job at Northern Rangelands Trust, Kenya
The Northern Rangelands Trust is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting 33 community conservancies across northern Kenya. Its mission is to develop resilient community conservancies, which transform lives, secure peace and conserve natural resources.
The above position has recently fallen vacant within our Research and Monitoring unit. Reporting to the Director of Research and Monitoring, the Conservation Impact and Information Officer is looked upon to work with the broader R & M team, other related departments and the community conservancies to develop and implement an effective devolved livelihood and conservation impact monitoring tool and the overall NRT impact monitoring system in which it is embedded. These monitoring tools are essential components of NRT’s efforts to track impact and inform effective
decision making and adaptive management at the level of individual conservancies and across NRT as a whole.
Information Officer Job Key Accountabilities
- Develop the devolved livelihoods (Social-CoMMS) monitoring system to support adaptive management and inform decision making at Conservancy and NRT levels.
- Ensure the effective implementation of livelihood monitoring system in partnership with NRT conservancies (Social-CoMMS).
- Work with conservancies to ensure effective data collection, timely data entry, data management, and accurate reporting of results from the livelihood monitoring system (Social CoMMS).
- Work with the Director of Research and Monitoring and other NRT staff to develop an impact monitoring system that incorporates information from the livelihood monitoring system (Social CoMMS), Conservancy Reports, and other NRT monitoring programmes and activities.
- Work closely with the NRT Regional Managers and Conservancy Managers as part of the impact monitoring system to ensure effective information collection, management, and dissemination to NRT, donors, partners, conservancies and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to the NRT grants managers and facilitate access to impact information within and beyond NRT.
- Manage the NRT results measurement database and ensure timely data entry, analysis, visualization and feedback.
- Support conservancies to develop and implement conservancy level impact monitoring systems to support local ownership of information for adaptive management.
- Lead results based planning to ensure integration of monitoring and measurement into NRT program implementation.
- Work with conservancies and NRT program teams to monitor progress against work plans.
- Support the compilation of progress reports (e.g. quarterly and annual, board, donor).
Person Specification for Information Officer Job
- Advanced degree in Anthropology, Sociology, or similar required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on project management, impact monitoring, and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of impact monitoring systems, data and information management and analysis required.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with local communities and diverse teams.
- Experience with community development, field research and monitoring.
How to Apply
- If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Friday, 17th June, 2016 to: [email protected] addressed to:
- Human Resource Officer, Northern Rangelands Trust, Private Bag, Isiolo-60300
- Qualified applicants drawn from the membership of conservancies where we operate will have a distinct advantage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.