The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
In line with this mandate, the NSE is seeking to recruit a qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individual to fill the following position:
Overall Purpose: To receive and maintain accounting documents and records, prepare summaries, reconciliations and reports ensuring that all general ledger accounts are managed as per approved financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Cash and bank management which includes petty cash imprest management, staff per diems, maintaining accurate bank records, delivery of bank instructions, prompt banking of receipts.
• Management of receivables and payables including invoicing, receipting of payments, reconciliation and regular follow up and reporting on outstanding amounts.
• Management of disposal of fixed assets and stores identified for disposal
• Ensure that financial and accounting documents are properly filed, secured and readily accessible for action.
• Ensure that statutory payments and all returns (VAT, withholding tax, payroll and others) are done on time.
• Assist in NSE budget and periodic forecasts preparation.
• Assist in monthly financial statements preparation including departmental accounts and related reconciliations.
• Assist in the preparation for and during statutory audits.
• Assist in review and renewal of non-staff insurance covers.
• Prepare accurate and timely ASEA financial accounts – includes preparation of journals, proper maintenance, storage and security of bank, financial and accounting documents in order to ensure that they are properly filed, secured and readily accessible for action.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a related field.
• Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent membership.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience in a relevant financial organisation focusing on financial management of organisational resources.
• Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and procurement principles and practices; financial and strategic planning, banking, accounting and financial management including planning, forecasting, budgeting and taxation;
• Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of accounting, budgeting as well as procurement policies and procedures;
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports;
• Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyse information skilfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations and reason when dealing with emotional topics;
• Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in financial management of organisational resources through continuing professional development;
• Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft office including financial packages.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Friday, 23rd October 2015.
The Chief Executive Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-00100 Nairobi
Email: [email protected]
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.