The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
In line with this mandate, the NSE is seeking to recruit a qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individual to fill the following position:
Front Office Administrator
Overall Purpose: To serve as the first contact for NSE clients, providing information regarding activities conducted at the NSE and facilitating efficient delivery of services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide hospitality to the NSE visitors.
• Man the switchboard, record all trunk and mobile calls made through the switchboard, and facilitate internal and external billing.
• Receive, record and coordinate distribution of all incoming mail and ensure that all mail is handed in to the CE’s Office in good time.
• Timely scanning of all public material information from the listed companies, immediately it is received at the NSE.
• Ensure that the reception lobby is clean, tidy and has up to date publications.
• Oversee office cleaning of the ground floor area.
• Replenish the visitors’ passes for the security team.
• Facilitate booking of the trading floor calendar and facilitate arrangement of the hall.
• Providing information and taking of messages on behalf of staff not at their desks at any given time.
• Keep record and ensure distribution of newspapers to respective recipients in conjunction with the security officers and follow up on newspapers or magazines not received.
• Prepare weekly reception reports and when there is something urgent to report, do this immediately.
• Maintain a daily attendance record of interns.
• Maintain a record book for weekly flowers replenishment, plants and bins change.
• Receive list of cheques for collection and unpresented cheques list from Finance department and call the firms for collection of their cheques as well as regular follow up with the companies that have not presented their cheques at their bank to do so.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and/or Diploma in Front Office Management or equivalent focusing on management.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience gained in a busy administration department and preferably in Front Office Operations.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of service user sensitivities and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
• Understanding of the securities market.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Skills in telephone etiquette and customer service.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Organizational skills sufficient to deal with competing priorities.
• Sound judgment.
• Effective report writing & record keeping skills.
• Ability to maintain professional status when dealing with clients.
• Possession of a positive attitude, high self-esteem and open mindedness.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Friday, 23rd October 2015.
The Chief Executive Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-00100 Nairobi
Email: [email protected]
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.