The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
In line with this mandate, the NSE is seeking to recruit a qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individual to fill the following position:
Head of Cash Markets
• A senior management position with key responsibilities in driving business, the development and implementation of new cash products and markets and the management of information services for the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
• Responsible for providing market research input towards the development and implementation of new cash products, new listings and markets. In addition educate the public purposely to increase awareness about NSE and its products to boosting NSE’s business.
Head of Cash Markets Job Responsibilities In Kenya
• Assist in enhancing the growth of existing cash products and developing new cash products and markets in a sustainable and profitable way;
• Responsible for driving significant revenue growth on all key cash products and services of the Exchange;
• Maintain a robust and qualified new-business pipeline as needed to adequately support the revenue and profit objectives while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of forecasted revenues;
• Responsible for the diversification and generation of new revenue from new cash products and services;
• Provide research and technical input for the development of cash products, new listings and cash markets under the NSE Strategic Plan;
• Work with other departments to input value added features in new cash products and enhance existing cash products in line with market demands establish, build, and maintain positive and professional relationships will various stakeholders;
• Analyse market information and performance statistics data to forecast market opportunities, identify competitor threats and anticipate potential need to modify business plans;
• Define business opportunities and research alternate solutions, including options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities;
• Provide methodology for setting market goals and allocating them to the area and location levels; and
• Provide high level relationship management to all Investment Banks and Advisors regarding the listing of equity and debt products.
Qualifications For Head of Cash Markets Jobs In Kenya
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Economics, Finance or Information Technology or similar disciplines from a reputable university. Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
• Thorough knowledge of the Exchange’s products, trading rules and procedures.
• Minimum seven (7) years working experience as a market researcher, business/ investment analyst, product/business development officer in a financial market.
• Proficiency in computer application and statistical packages.
• High Integrity as well as planning and organisation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and extra hours.
• Strong communication skills; Team orientation and commitment.
• Keen ability to apply theoretical and technical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals.
• Project management skills with ability to coordinate multiple people across functions
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Friday, 23rd October 2015. The Chief Executive Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-00100 Nairobi Email: [email protected] Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.