The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
The NSE is looking to establish a globally competitive derivatives exchange that will enable spot and futures trading of multi-asset classes.
In line with this, the NSE is seeking to recruit a qualified, dynamic, self – motivated and results – oriented individual to fill the following position:
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the position holder will manage NSE liquidity and third party funds including seeking the best investments for these funds.
He/ she will have a primary responsibility to support the derivatives team in managing liquidity arising from trading on a daily basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing funds arising from trading on a daily basis particularly from the derivatives market;
- Investing such funds in the most ideal investment vehicle;
- Production and provision of appropriate treasury related reports and guidelines;
- Review of daily settlement reports against clearing member reports;
- Daily settlement of balances with clearing members;
- Initiation of funds transfer instructions & internal/ inter-account/inter-bank transfers;
- Negotiating best returns in investment of margin funds, following up on maturity of the same and computing interest to be credited to respective clearing members;
- Creating a portfolio of investments for short and longer term funds;
- Reporting periodically on the performance of investments made;
- Liaison and managing relations between NSE clearing members bankers for all treasury related queries and correspondences; and
- Managing the liquidity position of the NSE and making relevant recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field;
- Professional qualification needed;
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, word, power point;
- Minimum 4 (four) years working experience in banking, treasury management or branch operations function will be an advantage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent analytical skills and customer orientation;
- Ability to plan and follow through and be accountable & responsible.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to the address below by close of business on Friday, 4th September 2015.
The Chief Executive Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P. O. Box 43633-00100 Nairobi
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.