Audit Officer Job at NTSA
Reporting to the Manager, Audit, the job holder is responsible for Review and evaluation of the systems of internal Audit controls, assessing their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendations for their improvement.
Duties for the Audit Officer Job
- Contribute to preparation of risk based audit plan and programs for the audit engagement; Conduct in accordance to the auditing standards segments of financial, operations, systems and compliance audits to operations;
- Obtain information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interview the auditee;
- Safeguard the authority’s assets by establishing appropriate means of verifying their existence, ownership and valuation;
- Prepare audit working papers properly documenting the work performed;
- Draft on a monthly basis audit reports and communications on work performed for review; and
- Assist in establishing a follow up mechanism on agreed recommendations on financial, operational and regulatory deficiencies reported during past audits; and carry put special audits as may be directed by management.
Audit Officer Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination; Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Certificate in computer applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms- Excel, Ms-Access and Internet) from a recognized institution; and
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Audit Officer II or in a comparable and relevant position.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, current Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission so as to reach us on or before 28th April, 2017 and addressed to:
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
NTSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.