Security Officer Job at NTSA
Reporting to the Manager, Security, the job holder is responsible for the maintenance of safety and security in all NTSA premises.
Key Duties for the Security Officer Job
- Support in writing or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives;
- Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures;
- Support the Security Manager in planning security for special and high-risk events
- Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations;
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning;
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb and terrorism threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures;
- Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures;
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures within NTSA to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives;
- Assist in Analysing and evaluating security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement;
- Assist in development of security standards, policies, and procedures;
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols;
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments;
- Supervise subordinate security professionals; and
- Assist in coordination of security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
Security Officer Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Criminology, Forensic investigations, or relevant equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must have attended approved security course at Administration Police Training College (A.P.T.C) Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D.) Training School, Police Training College, Military Training Institute or other similar institutions;
- Certificate in computer applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms- Excel, Ms-Access and Internet) from a recognized institution;
- Exposure to and knowledge of loss prevention, access control systems and procedures, video surveillance,
- CCTV and related physical security skills;
- Be in possession of a valid certificate of good conduct;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional experience in security matters investigations and competence in work performance and results;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ service at the level of Inspector/Lieutenant in the Military or National Police, Prisons, or related disciplined services with honorable discharge.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, current Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission so as to reach us on or before 28th April, 2017 and addressed to:
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
NTSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.