Finance Manager Job at National Transport and Safety Authority
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Finance, the Manager, Finance will be responsible for timely development, preparation and revision of financial reports for effective decision making.
In addition, he/she will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Finance team and work with all departments to ensure compliance with legal requirements including the NTSA Act and the Public Finance Management Act.
Duties for the Finance Manager Job
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
- Manage outsourced functions; and
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment;
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet on-going operational and capital investment requirements;
- Maintain banking relationships;
- Assist in determining the Authority’s proper capital structure; and
- Invest funds.
- Manage the preparation of the Authority’s operating and Capital budget;
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances; and
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the Authority;
- Interpret the Authority’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities;
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals;
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management;
- Review and produce effective and accurate quarterly financial statements;
- Implementation of the various approved policies, procedures and regulations of the Authority;
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliation reports; and
- Liaise with external auditors with regard to preparation of financial statements in line with the International
- Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
Finance Manager Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s degree in business from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Finance or Accounting, three (3) of which should be in the position of Deputy Manager, Finance/Accounting or a comparable and relevant position preferably within the public sector;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK) or Certified Management Accountant designations;
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK); and
- Have practical knowledge of the PFM Act and the IFRSs.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.