ICT Projects Manager Job at National Transport and Safety Authority
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. The Authority is mandated with effectively managing the road transport sub-sector, minimizing road traffic accidents and loss of lives resulting therefrom.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, ICT, the Manager, ICT Projects will be responsible for the development, documentation, review and improvement of operational processes and procedures that cover all areas of the ICT Infrastructure to ensure that they are fit for purpose, in line with ISO 27001 and ITIL standards and are kept complete, current and accurate.
Duties for the ICT Projects Manager Job
- Ensure that the ICT Infrastructure team keeps the ICT infrastructure secure from internal and external threats and that all privileges are proactively managed;
- Responsible for ensuring that the ICT Infrastructure team completes the lifecycle planning, installation, testing, upgrading, control and management of all configuration items of the ICT infrastructure including all documentation, software, hardware and firmware assets, including information relating to the configuration items, their dependencies and relationships;
- Ensure that the ICT Infrastructure team designs, implements, maintains and test strategies, procedures and contingency plans for all systems, data and components;
- Manage major ICT infrastructure related projects through the complete project lifecycle from project initiation to end project review;
- Manage the ICT Infrastructure team to ensure that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve all reported incidents and problems associated with the ICT infrastructure in line with Service Level Agreements (SLVA); and
- Proactively manage customer requirements and expectations via regular communications at all levels and implementation of action plans to improve the customer ICT experience to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
ICT Projects Manager Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- A minimum of ten (10) years professional IT experience, three (3) of which must have been at the level of
- Deputy Manager, ICT or a comparable and relevant position;
- Member of a professional body;
- Experience in Project Management;
- Experience in managing a team from a large corporate environment; and
- Experience in negotiating large contracts and services necessary. Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Professional / ITIL / SQL and/or Oracle Certification.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.