Audit & Risk Management Officer Job at The National Transport and Safety Authority, Kenya
The National Transport and Safety Authority is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. It is mandated with harmonizing the operations of the key road transport departments and to effectively manage the road transport sub-sector as well as minimizing loss of lives through road traffic accidents.
NTSA is seeking to recruit qualified staff for the following positions:
Audit & Risk Management Officer
Reporting to the Senior Audit and Risk Management Officer, the job holder will be responsible for giving assurance to the management on the existence of effective risk control framework.
Audit & Risk Management Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the assigned audit plan including scope and objectives of the audit, and audit procedures and obtain the Audit and Risk Manager’s approval;
- Carry out tests, evaluate the results and draw conclusions, discuss with the team leader and obtain the Audit and Risk Manager’s approval;
- Draft audit recommendations and write audit memos, solicit input from the team leader and then obtain the Audit and Risk Manager’s approval;
- Draft the audit report and obtain feedback from the team leader and the supervisor;
- Follow up on implementation of corrective actions;
- Assist with the review and audit of compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulation;
- Carry out audit assignments and Drafting audit recommendations;
- Conduct special assignment as may be assigned by the Audit and Risk Manager; and
- Provide assistance to Internal Auditors and External Auditors as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Audit & Risk Management Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Accounting or Finance;
- Completed CPA, CISA or ACCA;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a reputable organization;
- Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance;
- Ability to write reports and proposals;
- Good communication skills both spoken and written;
- Excellent team working skills, good organizational and social skills;
- Attention to details, accurate and a keen observer;
- Highly organized with good time management skills;
- High integrity levels;
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
- If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your application, detailed CV, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate and valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department so as to reach us on or before 30th June, 2016 and addressed to:
- Director General National Transport and Safety Authority Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road P.O. Box, 3602 -00506 Nairobi.