Security Manager Job at The National Transport and Safety Authority, Kenya
The National Transport and Safety Authority is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. It is mandated with harmonizing the operations of the key road transport departments and to effectively manage the road transport sub-sector as well as minimizing loss of lives through road traffic accidents.
NTSA is seeking to recruit qualified staff for the following positions:
- Reporting to the Deputy Director, HR and Administration, the job holder will have responsibilities of providing support, leadership and management of all security concerns in NTSA Offices including security management; security awareness; and contingency/emergency planning and response.
- The Manager will also protect the property, information, buildings, grounds and Authority staff to allow for proper execution of duties.
Security Manager Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, organize and control an effective security system to protect the Authority’s interests, information, premises, personnel and property;
- Ensure that proactive security control measures and procedures are implemented and administered at all NTSA premises;
- Develop, implement, update and advise NTSA Management on security policies, procedures and compliance;
- Investigate and prepare reports on crimes/incidences involving NTSA personnel, property and assets committed within / outside NTSA premises and recommending corrective control measures;
- Develop and establish sound emergency procedures on fire detection, prevention and protection and conducting regular mock fire, training and evacuation drills;
- Establish and manage Radio Communication services network;
- Ensure provision of armed and un armed security services as the need arises
- Sensitize staff on security & safety matters;
- Conduct covert and overt intelligence gathering to detect irregularities likely to affect the core business of the Authority and give a report to management;
- Co-ordinate security and safety risk assessment surveys;
- Conduct vulnerability assessment of the Authority premises;
- Prepare annual budget and procurement plan for the security function; and
- Manage third party Security Firms’ guards in the Authority Offices and specifically Liaising with other security/ Government agencies when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Security Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree and proven advanced education in security management or related field;
- Must have worked with the Kenya Armed Forces/ Police and attained the rank of Major & above or Senior Superintendent or as a security manager in a reputable organization;
- Must have military intelligence or criminal investigation or crime prevention background;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a hands on security practitioner, three (3) of which should have been in Security Management position;
- Demonstrable strong skills and experience in corporate investigations with outstanding verbal and written communications and strong relations with government and private security agencies;
- Exposure to and knowledge of loss prevention, access control systems and procedures, video surveillance, CCTV and related physical security skills;
- Demonstrated self-confidence with capability of interacting with all staff cadres and maintaining confidentiality;
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written English and Kiswahili;
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting; and Management skills.
How to Apply
- If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your application, detailed CV, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate and valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department so as to reach us on or before 30th June, 2016 and addressed to:
- Director General National Transport and Safety Authority Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road P.O. Box, 3602 -00506 Nairobi.