Senior Audit & Risk Management Officer Job at The National Transport and Safety Authority, Kenya
The National Transport and Safety Authority is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. It is mandated with harmonizing the operations of the key road transport departments and to effectively manage the road transport sub-sector as well as minimizing loss of lives through road traffic accidents.
NTSA is seeking to recruit qualified staff for the following positions:
Senior Audit & Risk Management Officer
Reporting to the Audit and Risk Manager, the job holder is responsible for giving assurance to the management on the existence of effective risk control framework.
Senior Audit & Risk Management Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate systems of internal controls;
- Prepare EACC performance contracting reports as per signed Authority’s Performance Contract;
- Contribute to preparation of risk based audit plan and programs for the audit engagement;
- Conduct in accordance to the auditing standards segments of financial, operations, systems and compliance audits to operations;
- Obtain information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interview the auditee;
- Review and evaluate the system of internal controls, assess their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendations for their improvement;
- Safeguard the authority’s assets by establishing appropriate means of verifying their existence, ownership and valuation;
- Ensure institution compliance to the laid down policies and applicable Kenyan laws and regulations;
- Prepare audit working papers properly documenting the work performed;
- Draft on a monthly basis audit reports and communications on work performed for review;
- Assist in establishing a follow up mechanism on agreed recommendations on financial, operational and regulatory deficiencies reported during past audits;
- Collaborate and assist the internal manager and assistant audit Manager to gather information needed for external audits; and
- Carry put special audits as may be directed by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Senior Audit & Risk Management Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Training in Risk Evaluation and Management;
- Completed CPA, CISA or ACCA;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in a reputable organization;
- Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance;
- Ability to write reports and proposals;
- Good communication skills both spoken and written;
- Excellent team working skills, good organizational and social skills;
- Attention to details, accurate and a keen observer;
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
How to Apply
- If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your application, detailed CV, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate and valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department so as to reach us on or before 30th June, 2016 and addressed to:
- Director General National Transport and Safety Authority Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road P.O. Box, 3602 -00506 Nairobi.