Motor Vehicle Inspection Job at NTSA
Reporting to the Deputy Manager, Motor Vehicle Inspection the job holder is responsible for management of inspectors, inspection standards and inspection services offered in respective inspection Centres.
Duties for the Motor Vehicle Inspection Job
- In charge of a Motor Vehicle Inspection Centre;
- Supervision of officers within the Motor Vehicle Inspection Centre;
- Custodian of Inspection certificates and other accountable documents plus equipment used for vehicle inspection;
- Public relations between the Centre and the stakeholders (clients);
- Preparing memorandum for vehicle change of status and taxation classes;
- Planning, controlling and coordinating Motor Vehicle Inspection activities of inspection of motor vehicles;
- Issuing of compliance certificates;
- Preparation of budgets;
- Inspection of accident vehicles; and
- Attending court cases;
Motor Vehicle Inspection Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical /Automotive Engineering or in a related field from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- Must be a registered Graduate Engineer with the Engineering Board of Kenya;
- A minimum of three (3) years as Engineer II (Mechanical/Automotive), or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/Private Sector;
- Must have a valid Driving License free from any current endorsements; and
- Must have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Must have a Diploma in Mechanical /Automotive Engineering from the Kenya National Examination Council or its approved equivalent;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as inspector II (mechanical) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service /private sector; and
- A valid driving license;
- Attended a Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.