Senior Finance Officer Job at National Transport and Safety Authority
Reporting to the Deputy Manager Finance, the Senior Finance Officer will be in-charge of a key section in the Finance department.
Duties for the Senior Finance Officer Job
- Analyse information received (financial and non-financial), call attention to trends/variances;
- Maintenance of the general ledger; journal entries and other book-keeping assignments necessary for effective financial accounting;
- Ensure that accounts analysis and reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) are performed on a monthly basis and approve them once they have been prepared;
- Coordinate the payment of suppliers of goods and services and ensure that Suppliers are paid promptly and deal with any supplier related enquiries;
- Coordinate external system and financial audits;
- Management of the Authority’s financial investment and assets;
- Review the payroll and effect accurate salary payments;
- Ensure that all expenditures are properly authorized and within the approved budget
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of existing policies and financial systems and recommend improving;
- Identify and report to the Manager, Finance incidences non-compliance with laid down financial policies; and
- Contribute to formulation of the Authority’s budget by consolidation of all departmental budgets.
Senior Finance Officer Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in business from an Institution recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- A Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK) or equivalent professional accounting certification;
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Specialist knowledge in budgeting and financial management and Proficiency in ICT;
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in Finance and Accounting gained from reputable large organization with three (3) years at the level of Finance Officer I; Accountant I or in a comparable and relevant position preferably within the public sector;
- Demonstrable understanding of the Public Finance Management Act and thorough knowledge of accounting and financial systems;
- Diverse experience in finance and accounts management; and
- Experience in supervising and leading teams of accounting professionals.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.