Senior Records Management Officer Job at NTSA
Reporting to the Manager, Human Administration, the job holder will be responsible for the efficient management of registry services in the Authority including security of Authority information and records.
Key Duties for the Senior Records Management Officer Job
- Develop records management policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare and review filing classification scheme;
- Develop a filing index system;
- Oversee the management of in-coming and outgoing mail and preparing quarterly reports of in-coming/ outgoing mail;
- Preparing of records retention and disposal schedules as per relevant guidelines;
- Initiating records appraisal and disposal of in-active files for approval by the relevant committee and subsequent approval by the Kenya National Archives;
- Develop and maintain control measures for the authority’s records. This includes maintaining physical security of records in the registry;
- Manage records storage facilities to ensure there is adequate, safe and storage;
- Ensure timely response to internal and/or external information enquiries;
- Sensitize staff on records management;
- Ensuring that letters are appropriately filed and marked to action employees; and
- Supervision of various registries.
Senior Records Management Officer Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Records Management or in a relevant social science field from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- Diploma in Records/Information Management, Information/Library Science or any equivalent qualifications from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in records/information management, three (3) of which must have been at the level of Records Management Officer I or in a comparable and relevant position preferably within the public sector;
- Good knowledge of records management software applications and their use;
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.